[CIG-SHORT] Problem related stress estimation

Dr. Mahesh N. Shrivastava mahesh.shrivastava at cigiden.cl
Wed Jan 14 12:54:00 PST 2015

Dear CIG group,
I am Mahesh Shrivastava, I am working in the National Research Center for
Integrated Natural Disaster Management(CIGIDEN) Chile.

I would like to estimate the stress in the megathrust due to back slip
estimated from GPS data inversion.

I am facing some problem to solve the stress in the upper crust. I would
like to resolve the artefact in our model, for that I have estimated the
Initial stress of the body without backslip. Now I want to estimate the
stress with backslip. But program grav_stress-finite-is2.cfg not running.
It is giving the    spatial data base error.

I have gone through the gravity examples, but still I don't understand how
to resolve the problem.

I you want, I can send the whole file for your kind information.

Regards
Mahesh