[CIG-SHORT] CPPFLAGS Directory Error

Mamun Miah mmiah at go.olemiss.edu
Thu Jun 4 10:16:32 PDT 2015

Hi,

I saw the following post when I was looking for a solution of an error I am
getting during building a PyLith component:
http://lists.geodynamics.org/pipermail/cig-short/2014-November/001916.html

I am getting the same error as Massimo was. If I am not mistaken, pylith
does not require to be built from the source in order to build a component.
However, for the CPPFLAGS directory, I see there is only one file
(pyconfig.h) in the ${PYLITH_DIR}/INCLUDE directory that comes with the
binary distribution. When I follow Brad's instruction provided in the link
above, I still get the same error:

>* checking pylith/materials/ElasticMaterial.hh usability... no
*>* checking pylith/materials/ElasticMaterial.hh presence... no
*>* checking for pylith/materials/ElasticMaterial.hh... no
*>* configure: error: PyLith ElasticMaterial header not found; try
CPPFLAGS="-I<PyLith include dir>"*

I am having MPI problems in building pylith from source. That's why I am
using binary installation. Am I using the wrong INCLUDE directory?

P.S. I was trying to reply to Massimo's post directly but could not find a
way. That way it could be easier to categorize similar threads.

--
Thanks & Best Regards,

Mamun Miah
Graduate Research Assistant