[CIG-SHORT] Sign of shear stress changes from one fault node to another

Romain Jolivet jolivetinsar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 15:11:16 PST 2015

Dear Brad,

Thank you for the precisions. I checked in my log file and there is one time step that diverged, although it does not corresponds to the time step when the first of the nodes concerned sees its friction dropping to negative values.
I will check how my tolerances are set up and I will get back to you (I perfectly remember reading this one order of magnitude thing between tolerance and zero slip rate in the manual).
Could it also have to do with the time step (too long maybe)?

I'll keep you in touch.

Sent with my phone, sorry for typos...