[CIG-SHORT] Constant displacement boundary condition

Mamun Miah mmiah at go.olemiss.edu
Tue Oct 27 10:15:17 PDT 2015

Dear Brad et al.,

I am trying to model Mandel's problem with TOUGH2-PyLith where I need to
make sure that there is a constant displacement boundary condition (i.e. Uz
= const. at +- b) at the top and bottom boundaries (please see mandel.png).
The load has to be applied on the specimen through rigid plates that makes
sure that there is no differential displacement on the top and bottom sides
with time.

Right now, I am applying a 'traction-normal' on the +Z and -Z surfaces as
Neumann BCs in the geometry attached (specimen.png). But it does not seem
to replicate the load application through RIGID PLATES.

Any idea or hints would be appreciated.

Mamun
--
Thanks & Best Regards,