[CIG-SHORT] Caldera ring structure in volcanic FE model?

Lucas Holden lucas.holden at rmit.edu.au
Sun Aug 7 16:39:47 PDT 2016

Hi,

I have been undertaking some FE modelling in Pylith based on the *Volcano
with dike and magma chamber* example on the Pylith Wiki.

This tutorial has been very helpful and at the moment my models simulate
surface displacement based on magma chamber over-pressure and compare well
with semi-analytical models.

However, I would also like to investigate the influence of a (simple)
caldera ring fault/structure on this displacement field.

Could you point me to an appropriate example in the manual to start with,
or in one of the Pylith workshops?

I have attached a simple diagram to illustrate my idea. I can provide more
information about my existing models if required.

Regards

Lucas