[CIG-SHORT] Cloud computing

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Thu Jan 21 08:57:20 PST 2016

Bobby,

We have not run PyLith using cloud computing. We run PyLith on various
clusters to leverage parallel processing.

NSF has a variety of mechanisms to obtain computing resources for free
to the US research community. An XSEDE allocation is probably what you
are looking for.

CIG has an NSF XSEDE allocation. Please contact Lorraine Hwang
(ljhwang at ucdavis.edu) at CIG to see if you can use the CIG allocation.
She may be also able to help guide you in how to obtain your own startup
allocation.