[CIG-SHORT] Descriptive label for spatial database not specified

Farrokh Sheibani farrokh at mit.edu
Thu Jul 14 10:50:10 PDT 2016

Dear Brad,

Thank you for the quick reply. Regarding Point Force, below is the script mentioned in Pylith manual (page 79) for Point Force parameters. I was wondering why should we fix displacement for applying point force in z direction? Are we going to exclude the displacement for the specific degree of freedom which we apply Point Force?

******************* FROM PYLITH MANUAL **********
 [pylithapp.problem]
bc = [mybc]
bc.mybc = pylith.bc.PointForce
[pylithapp.problem.bc.mybc]
label = group A
bc_dof = [2] ; fixed displacement in z direction
db_initial = spatialdata.spatialdb.SimpleDB
db_initial.iohandler.filename = force_A.spatialdb
db_initial.query_type = nearest ; change query type to nearest point algorithm
db_rate = spatialdata.spatialdb.UniformDB
db_rate.values = [force-rate-z]
db_rate.data = [1.0e+5*newton/s]

Btw, I added labels to Point Force section, but still I got the error message. Below is my scrip about Point Force and I also attached the a screenshot showing the error message. I appreciate if you let me know where is my fault.

******************************** My Point Force Script **************
[pylithapp.timedependent.bc]
bc.LoadP = pylith.bc.PointForce
[pylithapp.timedependent.bc.LoadP]

label = LoadP
bc_dof = [2]

db_initial = spatialdata.spatialdb.UniformDB
db_initial.lable = Point force
db_initial.values = [force-x,force-y,force-z]
db_initial.data = [0.0*newton, 0.0*newton, 1.0e+2*newton]

db_rate = spatialdata.spatialdb.UniformDB
db_rate.lable = Rate force
db_rate.values = [force-rate-x,force-rate-y,force-rate-z, rate-start-time]
db_rate.data = [0.0*newton/s,0.0*newton/s,-1.0e+2*newton/s,0.0*s]

Thank you so much in advance!

Best,

Farrokh

[cid:9F07746F-DA35-4157-87A0-3D713B454760 at mit.edu]
Farrokh Sheibani, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Department of Earth Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences; Earth Resources Laboratory
Massachusetts Institute of Technology