[CIG-SHORT] Using OutputSolnPoints in Dynamic Analysis

Farrokh Sheibani farrokh at mit.edu
Fri Jul 22 12:53:53 PDT 2016

Dear Pylith developer,

I hope you are doing great. I try to model wave propagation using Pylith and I need to capture information in some specific points. I defined some points to capture displacements and velocities somewhere in the FE mesh using OutputSolnPoints but I got this error. I was wondering if you may help me to resolve the error. Part of the script and the error message, and the file congaing Point coordinates are attached below:

Thank you so much in advance.

Best regards,

Farrokh

********************************** My Script*******************************
[pylithapp.problem.formulation]

output = [domain,points]
output.points = pylith.meshio.OutputSolnPoints

[pylithapp.problem.formulation.output.domain]
vertex_data_fields = [displacement, velocity]
#output_freq = time_step
#time_step = 0.0000005*s
skip = 9
writer = pylith.meshio.DataWriterVTK
writer.filename = output/domain_disp.vtk
writer.time_format = %0.7f

[pylithapp.problem.formulation.output.points]
coordsys.space_dim = 3
writer = pylith.meshio.DataWriterVTK
writer.filename = output/point_disp.vtk
writer.time_format = %0.7f
# Point coordinates will be read from greensfns_points.txt.
reader.filename = output_points.txt

[cid:0f287abd-e2f4-4c9c-b52b-7db34ecb76ab at exchange.mit.edu]

Farrokh Sheibani, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Department of Earth Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences; Earth Resources Laboratory
Massachusetts Institute of Technology