[CIG-SHORT] How to use cluster installation of HDF5 with Pylith

Cesar Sul csul at usc.edu
Wed Jun 1 15:31:19 PDT 2016

Hi,

I would like to do a local install of Pylith on a cluster. The sysadmins have installed some of the Pylith dependencies in a non standard location so I'm running into problems when I try to configure.

The commands I'm using are

export CPPFLAGS=-I/path/to/hdf5/include

./configure --disable-hdf5 --prefix=$PYLITH_HOME/pylith

The relevant portion of the error message is:

checking hdf5.h usability... no

checking hdf5.h presence... no

checking for hdf5.h... no

configure: error: HDF5 header not found; try CPPFLAGS="-I<hdf5 include dir>"

The file hdf5.h does exist in the location pointed to by $CPPFLAGS and I receive similar error messages when I try this with the other dependent software. Please see the attached config.log for more information.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Cesar Sul

Research Facilitator