[CIG-SHORT] elapsed time concerns

alberto cominelli alberto.cominelli at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 08:16:50 PST 2016

Brad,
I removed all spatialDn and now my runs are exrremely fast, say 8500 nodes
in some secs.I
 are now fighting to input first Material property using a simpleGriddb
I followed you Appendix C.3 example to prepare  material property input and
I built the attached file.
The results is this error:

Fatal error. Calling MPI_Abort() to abort PyLith application.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/home/cominelli/Pylith2.1.3/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/apps/PetscApplication.py",
line 64, in onComputeNodes
    self.main(*args, **kwds)
  File
"/home/cominelli/Pylith2.1.3/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/apps/PyLithApp.py",
line 125, in main
    self.problem.initialize()
  File
"/home/cominelli/Pylith2.1.3/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/problems/TimeDependent.py",
line 120, in initialize
    self.formulation.initialize(self.dimension, self.normalizer)
  File
"/home/cominelli/Pylith2.1.3/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/problems/Implicit.py",
line 121, in initialize
    self._initialize(dimension, normalizer)
  File
"/home/cominelli/Pylith2.1.3/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/problems/Formulation.py",
line 478, in _initialize
    integrator.initialize(totalTime, numTimeSteps, normalizer)
  File
"/home/cominelli/Pylith2.1.3/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/feassemble/ElasticityImplicit.py",
line 56, in initialize
    ModuleElasticityImplicit.initialize(self, self.mesh())
  File
"/home/cominelli/Pylith2.1.3/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/feassemble/feassemble.py",
line 359, in initialize
    def initialize(self, *args): return
_feassemble.IntegratorElasticity_initialize(self, *args)
RuntimeError: Error occurred while reading spatial database file
'matprops.spatialdb'.
Error reading coordinates from buffer ''.

I do not understand what is wrong in my material database.  Do x/y/ and z
coordinates live on single lines?
Regards and thanks in advance,
 Alberto.