[CIG-SHORT] Question about accuracy in Pylith

Demian Gomez demiang at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 11:58:46 PDT 2016

Hi Brad,

Thanks. Here's the output for the mesh quality:

Tet quality, 3297540 elements:

Condition No. ranges from 1.000e+00 to 4.650e+00 (3297540 entities)

Red ranges from 4.128e+00 to 4.650e+00 (3 entities)

Magenta ranges from 3.607e+00 to 4.128e+00 (69 entities)

DkYellow ranges from 3.086e+00 to 3.607e+00 (196 entities)

Yellow ranges from 2.564e+00 to 3.086e+00 (862 entities)

Green ranges from 2.043e+00 to 2.564e+00 (4427 entities)

Cyan ranges from 1.521e+00 to 2.043e+00 (75597 entities)

Blue ranges from 1.000e+00 to 1.521e+00 (3216386 entities)

The highest Co. number is 4.65 and there are only 3 elements, mostly on the
edges. Can this distort all the solution? Also, although we want all the
elements to be as close to 1 as possible, is there an acceptable range
limit?

Thank you,

Demián

--