[CIG-SHORT] Smoothing Issues

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Wed Oct 19 17:24:39 PDT 2016

Nick,

For starters please see the recent discussion with the subject "Question
about accuracy in PyLith" at
http://lists.geodynamics.org/pipermail/cig-short/2016-October/thread.html

In addition to evaluating mesh quality, to get rid of checker-boarding
you should also consider using a finer mesh and/or tighter solver
tolerances.