[CIG-SHORT] Smoothing Issues

Nick Wogan nicholaswogan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 14:10:26 PDT 2016

Thank you very much for the feedback,

Attached is config/mesh/spacialdb file, and an image that provides a
cross-section of the model giving material properties. I am using unusual
material properties. Large parts of the model are youngs mod = 0.1 and
Poisson's Ratio = 0.49

The problem is as follows. There is an upper crust that has typical elastic
material properties, and a lower crust that has young's mod = 0.1 and
Poisson's Ratio = 0.49. In the center top of the upper crust there is a
small chunk of low density. The displacement output looks great, only the
stress output looks checkered in certain areas.

I checked the quality of the mesh. Here is the Lagrit output:

epsilon1, epsilonaspect: 4.6113656E-11  9.8059273E-32
elements with aspect ratio < .01:                      0
elements with aspect ratio b/w .01 and .02:      0
elements with aspect ration b/w .2 and .5 :       0
elements with aspect ratio b/w .5 and 1. :         314844
min aspect ratio = 0.3795E+00     max aspect ratio = 0.7107E+00

Thanks you again,
Nick

​
 Checkered.zip