[CIG-SHORT] Combine loading boundary conditions and absorbing boundary condition

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Mon Apr 10 08:02:03 PDT 2017

Teng,

You should use initial stresses for the bulk material rather than the
Neumann BC. See examples/3d/hex8/step16 for an example of how to do
this. If you can't compute the initial stress field analytically, then
use a separate simulation to compute the initial stresses and create a
spatial database from the output of that simulation for the initial
stresses in your dynamic simulation.