[CIG-SHORT] 答复: question about coordinate transform

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Fri Aug 18 09:38:34 PDT 2017

On 8/17/17 4:25 PM, tu xiang wrote:
> tu xiang 已与你共享 OneDrive 文件。若要查看,请单击下面的链接。
>
> <https://1drv.ms/u/s!Autbw8xEBBUzhDlqJxg4NPuNCjtf>
>
> 3d.rar <https://1drv.ms/u/s!Autbw8xEBBUzhDlqJxg4NPuNCjtf>
>

> Thank you for your help about coordinate transform.
>
> But I have another two questions.
>
> question 1
>
> Yes, I am importing the coordsys.py from the example, the question
> is z-coordinates are greater than zero. I want to bury the fault into
> the mesh,  but z-coordinates of the mesh are smaller than zero. What do
> I need to do?
>

> change the cs.inventory.datumVert = "mean sea level" or
> the cs.inventory.projector.inventory.projOptions = "+lat_0=45.5231
> +lon_0=-122.6765 +k=0.9996"
>

> and how to change?

Unless there is a difference in the vertical datum from one coordinate
system to another, there should be no change to the z-coordinates in
transforming to the geographic projection.

> question2
> I have construct a very simple 3D demo mesh, and I want to do dynamic
> simulation with pylith 1.9.0 version, then I set all the configure
> file. but it output errors. I attach the demo. Hope someone would like
> to help me check the demo.
>
> output errors
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/xzhou/pylith-1.9.0-linux-x86_64/bin/pylith", line 39, in
> <module>
>     start(applicationClass=PyLithApp)
>   File
> "/home/xzhou/pylith-1.9.0-linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pythia-0.8.1.14-py2.7.egg/pyre/applications/__init__.py",
> line 41, in start
>     shell.run(**kwds)
>   File
> "/home/xzhou/pylith-1.9.0-linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pythia-0.8.1.14-py2.7.egg/pyre/applications/Shell.py",
> line 125, in run
>     app.applyConfiguration(context)
>   File
> "/home/xzhou/pylith-1.9.0-linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pythia-0.8.1.14-py2.7.egg/pyre/inventory/Configurable.py",
> line 84, in applyConfiguration
>     raise ValueError("%s\nBacktrace - Component %s" % (err.message,
> aliases))
> ValueError: Error while configuring spatial database reader
> (simpleioascii, iohandler):
> Filename for spatial database not specified.
> Backtrace - Component simpleioascii, iohandler
> Backtrace - Component simpledb, slip
> Backtrace - Component stepslipfn, slip_function
> Backtrace - Component eqkinsrc, rupture
> Backtrace - Component singlerupture, eq_srcs
> Backtrace - Component faultcohesivekin, demo_fault
> Backtrace - Component interfaces
> Backtrace - Component timedependent, problem
> Backtrace - Component pylithapp

Why are you using PyLith v1.9.0? The current version is v2.2.0. We have
made a lot of improvements since v1.9.0, so I would strongly encourage
you to use the current version. The CHANGES file
(https://github.com/geodynamics/pylith/blob/master/CHANGES) summarizes
all of the improvements and bugfixes for each version.

 From the backtrace it is clear you are missing the specification of the
filename for the spatial database for the slip. For more help in
understanding error messages, please see the troubleshooting session
from any of our recent tutorials posted on the PyLith wiki page:
https://wiki.geodynamics.org/software:pylith:start