[CIG-SHORT] Question about normal slip of points along the fault

Li, Teng tengli2 at illinois.edu
Tue Aug 22 12:52:08 PDT 2017

Dear Charles,

We have a 2d model in my problem. And in this region, where I have normal slip, both normal traction and shear traction become zero. In the beginning, all the points in this region have positive normal slip, and the maximum slip is 0.004. Then, the points have negative normal slip, the values are between -0.006 to -0.003.

And I will use Paraview to see the possible normal slip of the points along the fault.

Best,
Teng

Teng Li

Master Candidate in Structures

205 North Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL. 61801

Phone:(217)8196210, Email: tengli2 at illinois.edu