[CIG-SHORT] Slip-weakening friction model for cohesion?

Surendra Nadh Somala surendra at iith.ac.in
Mon Aug 28 05:25:44 PDT 2017

The slip weakening friction implemented in Pylith operates on friction
coefficient only.
While variation of cohesion can be specified at time t=0, in the
slip-weakening model of Pylith, it cannot do what you are looking for.

You may have to implement a new friction model, taking the slip weakening
related files in pylith, and code in the new governing equation that you
contact conditions that you wish to specify (i.e., slip-weakening
cohesion?).
For details on how to extend Pylith, you can check the last subsection in
the chapter on 'Extending Pylith' within Pylith manual.

-SS

*Surendra Nadh Somala*
Assistant Professor
Department of Civil Engineering (Block-E, 208)
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Hyderabad
Kandi, Sangareddy
Telangana, India - 502285
Phone : +91 (0)40 2301-8457
http://civil.iith.ac.in/surendra/