[CIG-SHORT] pylith-1.8.0

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Fri Dec 15 12:10:17 PST 2017

On 12/15/2017 12:04 PM, Ehsan Haghighat wrote:
> Hi Brad,
>
> I did so. There was some changes that i needed to apply. But this has something to do with underlying evaluations in petsc. If remove certain faults, it runs just fine. It has problems forming the contact elements for the same faults that used to work with 1.8.0. Do you think I can recompile 2.1.0 with 1.8.0 petsc ?

Did you mark buried edges of the faults when generating the mesh and use
the "edge" fault property to tell PyLith which vertices are on the
buried edges?

No, you cannot use PyLith v2.1.0 with PETSc from PyLith v1.8.0. There
are changes to the PETSc functions etc that make them incompatible.
Additionally, PyLith v2.1.0 uses DMPLex() for storing the finite-element
mesh and it did not exist in PETSc for PyLith v1.8.0.