[CIG-SHORT] Pylith Time Step Module

Ge Li ge.li2 at mail.mcgill.ca
Wed Jun 14 11:11:11 PDT 2017

Dear Brad,

I’m now trying to develop my own module of time step module, where

time step is calculated based on the slip-rate, grid size as well as frictional

law properties, e.g. constitutive b values.  Currently, these values

are obtained by reading .vtk files from previous step. Keeping

reading ASCII files, however, can be inefficient and slow down the code.

My question is how can I get access to these data/state variables from

/pylith/TimeStepTest.py directly? I’m having a difficult time reading the code

recently and hope you could give me a hand.

Best Regards,

Ge Li

PhD Candidate

Earth & Planetary Science, McGill University

3450 University Street

Montreal, QC, Canada

H3A 0E8