[CIG-SHORT] PyLith Convergence issue - DIVERGED_FUNCTION_COUNT and CONVERGED_SNORM_RELATIVE

Josimar Alves da Silva jsilva.mit at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 06:24:17 PDT 2017

Brad,

Just to let you know that I sorted it out this problem.

I set "open_free_surface=True" instead of False.  My understanding
regarding why it was not working is because I am applying tensile tractions
on the fault to balance out the normal stress, however this could
potentially cause a problem with the fault node that is on edge of the
domain (right side on the fault, on the interface between the displacement
BC and the zero displacement  BC of my geometry).  Do you think this could
potentially be the problem  ? I

I haven't changed anything on the solver parameterization. You can find all
the log files and the pylith_parameters.json file here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/by2vgqadgbsk1fs/AACENG_kCXygHa3dsdEyNAf-a?dl=0

thank you,
Josimar