[CIG-SHORT] Pylith installation problems

Charles Williams willic3 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 13:35:11 PDT 2017

Hi Jenn,

To install in /opt, you probably need to do it as superuser (using ‘sudo’).  If you’re the only one using the laptop, you might be better off installing it somewhere in your home directory (e.g., /Users/YOURUSERNAME/pylith).  That way you won’t need to use ‘sudo’.

> On 25/06/2017, at 3:39 AM, JennGeo <jbeyer at geo.umass.edu> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> My name is Jenn Beyer. I've been trying to install Pylith, but I'm having some difficulties. I'm using a Mac, and I've downloaded the binary into my opt folder. However, when I try running the setup.sh script, it keeps saying "Permission denied".
>
> I've also tried installing the binary in different locations, but I still get the same error.
>
> Is there something I'm doing wrong? And can you tell me how to correct it?
>
> Thank you,
> Jenn Beyer

Charles Williams I Geodynamic Modeler
GNS Science I Te Pῡ Ao
1 Fairway Drive, Avalon 5010, PO Box 30368, Lower Hutt 5040, New Zealand
Ph 0064-4-570-4566 I Mob 0064-22-350-7326 I Fax 0064-4-570-4600
http://www.gns.cri.nz/ <http://www.gns.cri.nz/> I Email: C.Williams at gns.cri.nz <mailto:your.email at gns.cri.nz>