[CIG-SHORT] Slippery Nodes in Pylith

Nick Wogan nicholaswogan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 19:22:09 PDT 2017

Charles,

I couldn't get the SNES solver to converge with friction and cohesion both
zero. It converged after ~100 SNES iterations for a coefficient of friction
of 0.1 for the particular problem I am looking at.

The slippery fault is suppose to represent a fault that has had many years
to evolve and almost completely relax the shear stress on the fault plane.
I suppose 0.1 coefficient of friction is representative of this?

Thanks,
Nick