[CIG-SHORT] Overlapping faults in pylith

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Tue Mar 28 16:20:08 PDT 2017

Xiao,

Yes, you can have faults meet in a T-like intersection.

1. Be sure to list the through-going fault first in the list of interfaces.
2. Mark all nodes along buried edges of the faults in the mesher,
including those along the branch that intersect the through-going fault.
3. Use the edge = NODESET_NAME parameter to tell PyLith which nodes are
along the buried edges.

See examples/2d/greensfns/strike-slip for how we mark the buried nodes
(only 2 in this 2-D problem) and use the edge parameter.