[CIG-SHORT] Overlapping faults in pylith

Xiao Ma xiaoma5 at illinois.edu
Thu Mar 30 15:02:53 PDT 2017

 Hi,

I  have followed the suggestion and the manual for the usage : edge

I am still having some problem in this , I have also followed the manual
(Figure on Page 87) the definition of the edge of the fault .

For my problem , it is 2D plane strain, and I am attaching the model setup
here
The green curve : main fault
The blue curve : secondary fault

In my case , how should I define the edge node sets ? (burried nodes ), is
the burried node is  the node where the interaction happens ?

Thank you ,
Xiao

*Xiao Ma*
Graduate Research Assistant