[CIG-SHORT] 来自"徐备" <2012202140037 at whu.edu.cn>的邮件

Charles Williams willic3 at gmail.com
Mon May 8 14:16:56 PDT 2017

Also, PyLith is able to solve all of these problems.  At present, however, it is not able to solve a dynamic problem and a quasi-static problem at the same time.  The only way to do this at present is to first run the quasi-static problem and then use the state variables from that problem as input to the dynamic problem.  Note that this will in general involve two different meshes, since the mesh resolution requirements are different for quasi-static vs. dynamic problems.

> On 9/05/2017, at 6:30 AM, Brad Aagaard <baagaard at usgs.gov> wrote:
>
> On 05/05/2017 11:22 AM, 徐备 wrote:
>> By the way, I have another question. I am confused about the differences among the "static problem", "quasi-static problem", "quasi-dynamic problem" and "fully-dynamic problem". I want to know what problems Pylith can resolve.
>
> dynamic problem = governing equation includes inertial term + explicit time stepping
>
> quasi-static problem = governing equation excludes inertial term + implicit time stepping
>
> static problem = quasi-static problem with a single time step

Charles Williams I Geodynamic Modeler
GNS Science I Te Pῡ Ao
1 Fairway Drive, Avalon 5010, PO Box 30368, Lower Hutt 5040, New Zealand
Ph 0064-4-570-4566 I Mob 0064-22-350-7326 I Fax 0064-4-570-4600
http://www.gns.cri.nz/ <http://www.gns.cri.nz/> I Email: C.Williams at gns.cri.nz <mailto:your.email at gns.cri.nz>