[CIG-SHORT] Add stress in a later time step

Charles Williams willic3 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 00:50:54 PST 2017

Dear Teng,

I am assuming you mean Neumann (traction) boundary conditions.  If this is true, please see Section 6.2.2 of the manual.  What you might want is a traction change, and you can then specify the start time.

> On 23/11/2017, at 5:21 PM, Li, Teng <tengli2 at illinois.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have a question about adding stress after some time steps, not the initial boundary condition. Can anyone tell me how to add stress after some time steps? Right now, I can add initial stress by using spatialdb file. I wander how I can add the same stress after some time steps.
>
> Best,
> Teng
>
> Teng Li
>
> Master Candidate in Structures
>
> Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering

> 205 North Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL. 61801
>
> Phone:(217)8196210, Email: tengli2 at illinois.edu <mailto:tengli2 at illinois.edu>

Charles Williams I Geodynamic Modeler
GNS Science I Te Pῡ Ao
1 Fairway Drive, Avalon 5010, PO Box 30368, Lower Hutt 5040, New Zealand
Ph 0064-4-570-4566 I Mob 0064-22-350-7326 I Fax 0064-4-570-4600
http://www.gns.cri.nz/ <http://www.gns.cri.nz/> I Email: C.Williams at gns.cri.nz <mailto:your.email at gns.cri.nz>