[CIG-SHORT] Question about saving both h5 and vtk file

Li, Teng tengli2 at illinois.edu
Tue Oct 10 13:05:52 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I have a question about saving both h5 file and VTK files in the output.

Right now, I use the following output command:

#----Stress
[pylithapp.problem.materials.elastic.output]
cell_info_fields = []
cell_data_fields = [stress]
cell_filter = pylith.meshio.CellFilterAvg
writer = pylith.meshio.DataWriterVTK
writer.filename = ouptut/material.vtk
skip=200

#----Stress
[pylithapp.problem.materials.elastic.output]
cell_info_fields = []
cell_data_fields = [stress]
cell_filter = pylith.meshio.CellFilterAvg
writer = pylith.meshio.DataWriterHDF5
skip=200
writer.filename = output/material.h5

However, it seems the second part overrides the first part and I only get stress.h5 file. My question is how to output both h5 and vtk files?

Best,
Teng

Teng Li

Master Candidate in Structures

205 North Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL. 61801

Phone:(217)8196210, Email: tengli2 at illinois.edu