[CIG-SHORT] parameters in the RELAX

Feng, Minxuan M.Feng6 at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Apr 18 05:04:01 PDT 2018

Hi,

I am a Ph.D. student at the University of Liverpool. I am learning how to use the RELAX to calculate the postseismic deformation. I design a simple strike-slip fault to do the calculation. However, the result is almost twice larger than the result I get from other software(VISCO1D).

I set the shear modulus at 3*1010 Pa, with 5yr relaxation time. I calculate the corresponding viscosity for this relaxation time is ~4.7*1018 Pas. Is this correct?

The elastic lid is 30km thick. The fault is an NS strike-slip fault. Length and width are both 20km. The strike is 0 degree, and dip is 90 degree. The slip for this fault is 2m.

The attachments are my input file for this fault. Could you have a look at my input files? Do I misunderstand some parameters? Thanks in ahead.

 Looking forward to receive your reply.

Cheers

Minxuan