[CIG-SHORT] [EXTERNAL] problems about meshing

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Wed Apr 25 13:48:04 PDT 2018

The difference between your smallest cell and largest cell is a factor
of 100. I suspect Trellis is either running out of memory or having
difficulty transitioning between the two sizes.

I increased your minimum cell size to 10m and the geometry meshed for me
using CUBIT 15.3.

If you need a finer cell size than 10m, then I suggest reducing the cell
size in steps (try 5m and if that works try 3m, etc). You may need to
tell Trellis/CUBIT how to vary the cell size within the domain using the
bias factor or using an Exodus field (see examples/meshing/cubit_cellsize).