[CIG-SHORT] Problems report for Pylith's subduction example_KejingHuang

Charles Williams C.Williams at gns.cri.nz
Tue Aug 7 16:02:00 PDT 2018

Dear Huang,

Did you see my reply on the cig-short mailing list?  If so, have you turned on the output for ‘velocity’ and ‘viscous_strain’?  I think this will help you see what is going on.  I’m attaching a couple of figures to show what I mean.

As far as your difficulties using a spherical earth, it’s hard to say without knowing what errors you are getting.

As far as your problems with the step02 example, I’m not sure what you are expecting to see.  Can you clarify this?

p.s.  In the attached plots, the colors represent displacement magnitude, and the vectors represent velocities.

[cid:1CE7A142-A60F-467C-983D-EDF70A7CFE1B at corp.gns.cri.nz][cid:DD12615F-FA60-4E67-B498-241E9CA0869D at corp.gns.cri.nz]