[CIG-SHORT] Problem with fault intersection in 3D simulations

Josimar Alves da Silva jsilva.mit at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 07:16:51 PST 2018

Hi Surendra,

Thank you for your suggestion ! I am able to run my simulation fine now and
I don't get the previous error message. In this approach what you suggest
is to split the Thrust fault in two different faults that are not connected
(with the strike slip fault between them). I assume that the new Thrust
fault segments are allowed to slip independently now, correct ?

Charles, do you have any comments regarding this solution proposed by
Surendra ? Have you done something similar in the past ?

thank you,
Josimar