[CIG-SHORT] [EXTERNAL] A question on plastic material in Pylith

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Mon Jul 2 09:28:03 PDT 2018

Bing,

examples/3d/hex8/step09.cfg is intended as an example showing the model
setup for the Drucker-Prager material. You are correct that there is no
plastic deformation in this case. See Aagaard, Knepley, and Williams
(2013) for discussion of the SCEC Dynamic Rupture benchmark TPV13, which
includes plastic deformation.

Aagaard, B. T., M. G. Knepley, and C. A. Williams (2013), A domain
decomposition approach to implementing fault slip in finite-element
models of quasi-static and dynamic crustal deformation, Journal of
Geophysical Research: Solid Earth, 118, 3059–3079, doi: 10.1002/jgrb.50217.

For questions related to PyLith, please use the
cig-short at geodynamics.org mailing list.