[CIG-SHORT] problem about setting the spatial database

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Sun Mar 11 19:35:23 PDT 2018

Tu,

I strongly recommend using a initial stress and friction model
parameters that are continuous. If you use fields that have steps in
them, the solution is often resolution dependent. A Gaussian is a
reasonable option for imposing a continuous stress field. In such a
case, I would create a grid for the entire fault using a SimpleGridDB.

For an example, see
https://github.com/geodynamics/pylith_benchmarks/blob/master/dynamic/scecdynrup/tpv102/create_friction.py.
See http://scecdata.usc.edu/cvws/tpv101_102docs.html for the description
of the parameters.