[CIG-SHORT] PyLith Hackathon 2018

Xiao Ma maxiaodage1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 11:37:31 PDT 2018

Hi Brad,

My name is Xiao Ma , I work with Prof Ahmed Elbanna at UIUC.

I am third year phd student working on earthquake mechanics.

I am quite familiar with Pylith, and have used it in one of my
publications.

I use C++ objective orient-programing and Python for most of my research.

I would like to propose a project as follows:

Couple our in-house code (a dynamic rupture simulations code using hybrid
method (*SBIE* (Spectral boundary integral method ) + *FEM* (Finite element
method))) with Pylith, replacing the FEM part by Pylith, or adding a
feature in Pylith to add the SBIE part of the code to it for an infinite
boundary.

Best wishes,
Xiao