[CIG-SHORT] Pylith stuck in the final step "Formulation finalize."

hkj at mail.ustc.edu.cn hkj at mail.ustc.edu.cn
Tue Oct 2 00:01:22 PDT 2018

Thank you for nice advice, I already used hdf5 output before, but turning off the volume output do help a lot!

There are still two things bothering me:

1. Since I only need two time points: 30yr's and 40yr's output among the whole 40 yr's simulation, but the minimum time step is 0.01 yr. Except changing material properties, can pylith only simulate the model for  dt = 0.01 yr in the first few years, and than gradually get larger in the remaining time period?

2. Is it possible make material properties change with time during the simulation?(For example, let viscosity to be 1.0e+20 during 0~10 year and to be 1.0e+21 during 10~20 year)

Sincerely
Kejing