[CIG-SHORT] issues compiling PyLith on MacOS High Sierra

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Tue Oct 2 10:16:57 PDT 2018

If you tried building with one compiler and then switched, make sure you
have cleaned out all of the files in the install (PREFIX) location and
build location before reconfiguring. I explicitly specify clang and
clang++ when I configure just to be extra safe.

I have never had a problem building cmake with clang.

If you run into a roadblock and can't determine the problem and need
help, please send the config.log from from running the PyLith installer
configure AND the config.log AND the FULL make.log from the build that
fails. The make.log is not generated automatically, so you will need to
capture the output to a file, for example "make >& make.log".