[CIG-SHORT] How does Pylith code construct?

Charles Williams willic3 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 00:11:21 PST 2019

Hi Tu,

We would be able to help you a bit more if you told us what you wanted to work on.  As Matt mentioned, things like materials are relatively easy to work on.  Other things might be more complicated.

> On 15/01/2019, at 8:13 PM, Matthew Knepley <knepley at rice.edu> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 7:00 PM tu xiang <tuxiang2016 at outlook.com <mailto:tuxiang2016 at outlook.com>> wrote:
> Dear Charles
> I plan to add some code to Pylith. I read some of the code, but I am confused. Because I cannot find the main function. Do you know where is the main function?
>
> PyLith is a Python application. Therefore the main() in the Python interpreter.
>
> How does Pylith construct? Do you know how to debug the code?
>
> You can use the Python debugger, unless you want to debug C. Then I just use gdb, or run with --petsc.start_in_debugger
>
> Are there any manual to guide me to read and add code?
>
> We have some example for adding structured modules, like Materials.
>
>   Thanks,
>
>     Matt
>
> Best regards,
> Tu
> January 2019.

Charles Williams I Geodynamic Modeler
GNS Science I Te Pῡ Ao
1 Fairway Drive, Avalon 5010, PO Box 30368, Lower Hutt 5040, New Zealand
Ph 0064-4-570-4566 I Mob 0064-22-350-7326 I Fax 0064-4-570-4600
http://www.gns.cri.nz/ <http://www.gns.cri.nz/> I Email: C.Williams at gns.cri.nz <mailto:your.email at gns.cri.nz>