SPECFEM3D_GLOBE simulates global and regional (continental-scale) seismic wave propagation.
Effects due to lateral variations in compressional-wave speed, shear-wave speed, density, a 3D crustal model, ellipticity, topography and bathymetry, the oceans, rotation, and self-gravitation are all included.
The 5.1 release offers non-blocking MPI communications and includes a significant improvement in performance and a more accurate implementation of the crust. The latest version provides a perfectly load-balanced mesh for 3D mantle models honoring shallow oceanic Moho (depths less than 15 km) and deep continental Moho (depths greater than 35 km). It also accommodates European crustal models EPcrust (Molinari & Morelli, 2011) and EuCrust07 (Tesauro et al., 2008), which may be combined with global crustal model Crust2.0. Sedimentary wavespeeds are superimposed on the mesh if sediment thickness exceeds 2 km.
Additional new model routines are provided for generic point-profile models (PPM) and Gauss-Lobatto-Legendre based models (GLL). The structure of the software has been simplified to facilitate easier implementation of new 3D models. The code accommodates general moment tensor files, and provides more complete information in the SAC headers, as explained in detail in the updated user manual. New matrix-matrix multiplication routines, adapted from the book of Deville et al. (2002), help reduce the total number of memory accesses performed in each spectral element and thus significantly improve performance.
|Status||Developed, maintained, and supported.|
|Bug reports||RoundUp||License||GNU Public License|
- SPECFEM3D_GLOBE_V5.1.5.tar.gz [27 Aug 2012]
- Version 5.1.5 - Latest release, which includes non-blocking MPI communications, new default sedimentary routines, bug fixes, explanations about how to compile on IBM BlueGene, and further optimizations for regional adjoint simulations.
- The MD5 checksum of this file (computed for instance using the Linux 'md5sum' command) is 470610bf1d2b6b1c5662f8133f5536e1
- SPECFEM3D_GLOBE XSEDE Web Portal
- Web portal interface to easily let users run SPECFEM3D_GLOBE simulations utilizing XSEDE supercomputing resources. Users will need to register for an account.
If you are interested in following the main line of development, use the following Subversion command:
svn checkout http://geodynamics.org/svn/cig/seismo/3D/SPECFEM3D_GLOBE/trunk SPECFEM3D_GLOBE
SPECFEM3D_GLOBE uses a BuildBot setup to test revisions during development. To see the status of the buildbot system and development builds please visit this page.
- SPECFEM3D_GLOBE User Manual
- A PDF containing SPECFEM3D_GLOBE's installation and running instructions.
- Doxygen code documentation
- Doxygen documentation also available for development version
- SPECFEM3D GLOBE Publications List
- User submitted research publications using SPECFEM3D GLOBE.
- Benchmark results for SPECFEM3D_GLOBE.
- Tutorials for SPECFEM3D_GLOBE.
- Previous releases for SPECFEM3D_GLOBE.
SPECFEM3D_GLOBE Users Map
Shows location of users who downloaded SPECFEM3D_GLOBE in the past year (image updated daily).
To identify known issues, report bugs, request help, or provide feedback or suggestions: