[aspect-devel] aspect: error related to changing number of processors

Magali Billen mibillen at ucdavis.edu
Tue Aug 28 15:13:51 PDT 2012

Hello,
I'm still working on my 1 x 1 convection box cases (making progress though - can now match Ra-Nu results
for several cases).

I was testing how the run time changed depending on the number of processors I was
using to make sure I wasn't using to many or too few. I had successfully run this same model
on 32, 16, and 8 processors, and upon trying it on 4 processors, I  received the following error,
 just after it had finished writing out the first set of visualization output after step 59:

Exception on processing:
Iterative method reported convergence failure in step 7551 with residual 3.15628e+07
Aborting!

(note it was only on step 59, but is stating it has an error in step 7551 ??)

I've attached the run output file (where the error is), the parameter file,
and the c and h files for the temperature boundary conditions for the box convection
(same as earlier this summer).
Magali