[aspect-devel] Radiogenic heating

Greg Headley (ENV) G.Headley at uea.ac.uk
Fri Dec 7 06:56:05 PST 2012

Dear ASPECT Developers,

I am currently an undergraduate at the University of East Anglia in the U.K. I've been using your software for my final year independent project and my focus has been to use radiogenic heating as an analogue for heating caused by tidal dissipation.

Neither my mathematical understanding nor my coding skills match the scope of ASPECT, and I wonder if someone could explain to me in more detail how the radiogenic parameter functions within the model? The extent of my understanding is that radiogenic heating is included in the temperature field equation, but that's about it.

Thank you for what support you may be able to give!

Best Regards,

Greg Headley
Undergraduate
School of Environmental Science