[aspect-devel] hacking aspect

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at math.tamu.edu
Mon Jan 9 09:43:23 PST 2012

On 01/09/2012 09:55 AM, Thomas Geenen wrote:
> it seems that per timestep there are multiple lines written to
> bin/statistics
> for the tables model 3 lines per timestep.
> each line contains a subset of the results with all other values zero.
> (the correct number of columns)

That's weird. Is there one column that has more than one non-zero value?
I could imagine that one or more postprocessors happen to add entries to
the table using the same key more than once per time step, and then
everything would come out as multiple lines. Each call to add_value
needs to use a unique key.

> also i added a postprocessor class that recomputes some of the
> quantities from the heat_flux_statistics.cc class.
> i would like to be able to skip this postprocessor. at the moment it
> loops over all postprocessors.
> it would be nice if i can set which postprocessor to use from the input
> file.

You can. In the input file, you can specify which postprocessors you
want. This can either be "all", or it can be a comma separated list of
postprocessor names.

Cheers

Wolfgang Bangerth               email:            bangerth at math.tamu.edu