[aspect-devel] Problems running Aspect

Timo Heister heister at math.tamu.edu
Wed May 2 11:19:07 PDT 2012

> 1) I am using Trilinos 10.4.2

I asked because a wrong Trilinos version could cause a bug very
similar to this. Have you checked with "ldd lib/aspect" that the
trilinos libs you installed are picked up (and for example not
something that was installed on the system already)?

> 3) I have tried it with 32, 16, 8, and 4 processors

What happens if you run on 1 processor? Are you running in debug-mode?

> In case it is relevant, I have compiled everything with Intel icc v.12

That might be, because we are using g++ here.

This is a very strange bug. I hope we can find out what causes the problem.

http://www.math.tamu.edu/~heister/