[aspect-devel] Aspect Parallel Initialization

Eric Heien emheien at ucdavis.edu
Tue Nov 27 23:36:12 PST 2012

It seems the slowdown had a rather unexpected cause.  Since all cores write the parameter file simultaneously, the filesystem has locking issues that slow down all nodes.  This would also explain the linear relationship with the number of cores.  To fix this I changed the code to only write the parameter file on the root node which seems to solve the problem.

-Eric