[aspect-devel] strain rate corner values and velocity boundary conditions

Thomas Geenen geenen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 01:43:21 PST 2013

he Timo,

for the lithostatic boundary conditions you will have to integrate the
density (Temperature) to get a proper pressure profile.
depending on your scenario this can be done one time (for instance when you
also prescribe the temperature at the boundary) or should be recomputed.
this type of boundary condition only works when the flow is more or less 1D
close to the boundary and the temperature profile as well.

its (not surprisingly) important to make the integration consistent with
the way the buoyancy is computed

@Anne in your scenario i suppose you also want to have a plate with
constant thickness(age) at the boundary?

cheers
Thomas