[aspect-devel] Querying Aspect plugins directly from C++

Timo Heister heister at clemson.edu
Mon Nov 18 08:48:24 PST 2013

Dear Jonathan,

a problem is that a material model can potentially depend on many
things inside aspect (geometry, etc.) which will be difficult for you
to reproduce in a separate program.

I would create a .prm that sets up a tiny test problem, does 2 time
steps, and writes out the results. Then you can compare things like
the statistics file. If you want to test something specific, you can
always write a postprocessor that generates a file with the
information you want (say look up viscosity using representative_point
and a range of temperatures).

Note that we have a lot of unittests in the tests/ directory that do
something similar.

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Jonathan Perry-Houts
<jperryhouts at gmail.com> wrote:

http://www.math.clemson.edu/~heister/