[aspect-devel] cylindrical rigid body rotation

Timo Heister heister at clemson.edu
Mon Apr 7 07:34:07 PDT 2014

and we now have the option to remove angular momentum instead of net
rotation, at least in 2d. See attached plot for an example where you can
see that the RMS velocity is increasing without the filtering and that net
rotation and angular momentum give nearly identical results.
It is quite difficult to construct an example where those two methods
differ by a lot.