[aspect-devel] AGU meeting feedback

Juliane Dannberg dannberg at gfz-potsdam.de
Thu Jan 9 01:27:33 PST 2014

> - First, what do the codes used in van Keken do? Do they actually use
>   discontinuous initial fields? I don't have the paper here with me and,
>   in addition, do not know what the codes in question do. Does someone
>   know?
This is a link to the paper:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1029/97JB01353/abstract
I believe all the codes use different methods, there are field, tracer,
and marker chain methods. They are all described in the Numerical
Methods section of the paper, but I have no idea how the initial fields
are handled exactly in the field method model.

Juliane