[aspect-devel] AGU meeting feedback

Timo Heister heister at clemson.edu
Thu Jan 9 08:53:02 PST 2014

> - Second, what happens if we use a smooth field, say using an arctangent
>   with a width of 2-3 cells. I bet that the first peak is exactly where
>   it was before, whereas the second one suddenly becomes grid independent.

Yes, I think so too. I am somewhat swamped right now, so I anybody
wants to try this out...

In the long run we should find a way to get this smoothing behavior
automatically (this is basically what a levelset reinitialization
would do). This assumes that this fixes the problem we are seeing.

http://www.math.clemson.edu/~heister/