[aspect-devel] ASPECT tutorials

Juliane Dannberg dannberg at gfz-potsdam.de
Thu Jan 16 06:39:03 PST 2014

Am 16.01.2014 15:10, schrieb Timo Heister:
>> 1/ Do people think such tutorials make sense at all?
> I think so, yes. We want as many people as possible to know about
> Aspect and be able to use it.
I second that!

>> 3/ Would anyone be interested in teaching tutorials and/or participate in
>>     developing training materials?
> Certainly. I offered to help at cider (but I am busy 7/13-7/19 already).
René and me also signed up for CIDER and we will be there for the whole
time. So it should not be a problem if you are away for one week. Also,
feel free to ask if you would like to have any help with the preparation
or anything else.

Also, I just noticed there is no tutorial planned for Europe. We just
thought about organizing something like a small meeting of European
Aspect users at our institute this year, although nothing definite has
been planned yet. But this might be another opportunity to invite future
Aspect users and give a tutorial. However, I am not sure who else in
Europe (except from the Utrecht group) already uses Aspect...
Any ideas or suggestions about such a meeting? And for the Utrecht
group: would you be interested in participating in such a workshop? We
still can think about relevant topics, etc.

Cheers,
Juliane

---