[aspect-devel] cylindrical rigid body rotation

Rene Gassmoeller rengas at gfz-potsdam.de
Tue Mar 4 00:47:02 PST 2014

Well in a physical sense the removal of the angular momentum seems to be
the more appropriate approach, however there might be reasons for
removing only the rigid body rotation, e.g. there are several
lithosphere reference frames assuming no net rotation (of the
lithosphere). CitcomS implements both as separate options. Would it be
complicated to offer both options in ASPECT as well?

Cheers,
Rene